Sunday, June 13, 2010
5 Socialzing tips for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
If you are an aspiring Entrepreneur then the following piece of writing might be of some help for you .The author has written few points which might be helpful for someone who is an aspiring entrepreneur ,in making strong as well impactful networks.
1> Try to meet more and more no. of people.
2> Your acquaintance must include people from all kinds of socio economic sphere:-
• Rich & big shot people who has the potential to make big investments in your business plan.
• Govt. officials/employees who can use their positional power in warding off various issues that a start up might come across such as paper works, legal hassles, registration etc. If not in winning contracts then can at least help you in including your name in the govt. tenders.
• People such as lawyers, add agents/media people, furniture shop owners, electrical appliances shop owners etc. Whatever kind of start up one might be contemplating these are the basic few services which are needed in all. So having such contact is always helpful, if it cannot get you things in free then at least can give you some discounts which is always of great help given the fact that initial stage of a businesses are always associated with resource crunch.
• Have good contacts with creative people so that if needed some kind of their help can be availed.
• Also have good contacts with people from lower strata of society, because for a venture not only creativity and capital is needed but also brute labor is required, so such contacts have its own use.
3> Whenever you are meeting a big shot you need to be very cautious, beware of the fact that you are meeting your future investor. Try to take care of the following points:-
• Don’t speak much, do not interrupt in between, but do not also mum, speak when it is required.
• During any such conversation if you think that you can be of some use to the man then without hesitation offer your service, if some remuneration is offered after the service deny it amicably.
• Listen to him patiently(even if you feel he is bugging or bragging too much be patient)
• While leaving ask for the visiting card and while receiving it show humility and respect.
• If possible immediately add the person in some social networking account of yours. Do not buzz him too much but try to interact with him at regular interval of times. Always greet him on special occasions like anniversaries, festivals etc.
4> Coherence of political idea:- While meeting someone if you find there is a coherence of political ideology between both of you leverage this as much as you can. Try to discuss with him on these stuffs. No bond in the world can be stronger than the bonds of political ideology (provided both of you are really about it.)
5> Stuffs such as Cigarettes, drinks & foods (in decreasing order of their effectiveness) are also of great use in socializing with people.
(Views here are personal and since the author is just an MBA student he might not be an expert in dealing with such stuffs, but based on his personal observation he had tried to explain his opinion. Any additional information from the side of the readers is welcome.)